Alexandria,VA Investment Visa Lawyer!

Experienced Legal Guidance in Alexandria

Our Washington D.C. investment visa lawyer at Law Group International can assist you with:

  • E-2 Treaty Investor Visas Entrepreneurs from countries with a trade treaty with the U.S. can obtain this nonimmigrant visa that allows them to live and work in the U.S. in service of a qualifying commercial enterprise.
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visas Managers, executives, and employees with specialized knowledge can secure this dual intent visa. Multinational employers can sponsor qualifying employees to live and work in the U.S. in order to lead and/or launch U.S.-based company endeavors.
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visas. Entrepreneurs whose significant investments create at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers under qualifying circumstances can qualify for a green card.

If you have substantial resources that you are willing to invest in a United States-based venture, we can help you determine what visa options may be available to you. The application processes for investment-related U.S. visas can be overwhelmingly complex, but our team can leverage our knowledge, skills, and resources to give you the legal support that will need to succeed.

Schedule a consultation with our investment visa lawyers to learn more about how we can help you. Call 703-549-5445 or contact us online today!

Schedule a Consultation

Schedule a Consultation

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

Only entrepreneurs that are citizens of treaty countries are eligible for an E-2 visa. Applicants must demonstrate that they have invested a “substantial” amount of capital in a genuine, U.S.-based commercial enterprise. This means that you will generally need to invest at least $100,000 in order to qualify.

The commercial enterprise must actively offer goods or services. Investment properties and similar endeavors that do not engage in public-facing commercial activity will not qualify. There must be some risk to the investment, and the investment must have the potential to generate a significant economic impact.

The E-2 treaty investor visa can only be successfully sought if the applicant intends to come to the U.S. to support the commercial enterprise that they have invested in This is typically proven by demonstrating that you own and/or control at least 50% of the venture.

Once approved, an E-2 visa allows you to live and work in the United States for a period of 2 years. However, you can only work to support the business that you invested in as part of your E-2 application. So long as you continue to support this commercial enterprise, you can continue to renew your E-2 visa for an unlimited number of 2-year periods, allowing you to stay in the country indefinitely. Your spouse and any dependents under the age of 21 can also accompany you to the United States and obtain work authorizations.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visas

Executives and managers of multinational companies are potentially eligible for L-1A visas, while employees with specialized knowledge can qualify for L-1B visas.

Executives and managers must prove that they have substantial decision-making authority. Employees with specialized knowledge must demonstrate their specific expertise and that their presence is essential to the sponsoring employer’s U.S. operations.

In order to sponsor employees for any type of L-1 visa, an employer must have some formal relationship between a company located abroad and the enterprise located in the United States. The company in the United States must also engage in some form of commercial trade with at least one foreign country.

L-1 visa applicants must have been employed by the sponsoring company for at least 1 full year in the 3 years prior to initiating the application process. If approved, L-1A can work for their sponsoring employer in the U.S. for an initial period of 3 years. This validity period can be extended for up to a total of 7 years. L-1B recipients also have an initial validity period of 3 years and can be extended for up to 5 years.

L-1 visas are “dual intent” visas. This means that beneficiaries can pursue lawful permanent residency status while in the United States. Spouses and dependents under the age of 21 can accompany you to the U.S. for the duration of your L-1 visa and even obtain employment authorization.

Avoid oversights that can jeopardize your investment visa application with our help. Call (703) 546-9300 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visas

Foreign investors can secure lawful permanent residency if their investments meet certain job creation requirements. In order to qualify, an investment must be made in a U.S.-based enterprise or a regional center that is approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The investment must create a minimum of 10 American jobs.

At least $1,000,000 must typically be invested in many situations. Investors may only need to invest $500,000 if they support an area with chronically high unemployment rates.

Up to 10,000 EB-5 visas are available each fiscal year. When the visa is first granted, beneficiaries will receive a conditional green card that expires after 2 years. In order to renew their status for the more typical 10-year period, investors will need to demonstrate that their investment generated at least 10 jobs.

Our Washington D.C. investment visa attorney at Law Group International has over 15 years of legal experience. We can evaluate your goals and financial resources to determine what investment visa best serves your needs. Our team will then work closely with you throughout the application process and work to secure your visa as efficiently as possible.

We support entrepreneurs throughout the global community and offer our legal services in English, Spanish, and Farsi. Call (703) 546-9300 or contact us online to explore your options today!

We Will Fight For Your Immigration Rights

Get Started With a Consultation

Schedule a Consultation