1. Home
  2. /
  3. Immigration Law

Immigration Legal Services in Alexandria, VA!

Experienced Immigration lawyers in Alexandria

The United States immigration system can be immensely confusing and difficult to navigate. With so much at stake, you must do everything possible to ensure that all paperwork is appropriately filled out and submitted to avoid unnecessary delays or rejections of benefits.

Our immigration legal services in Alexandria, VA can assist you in all matters of immigration law. Our accomplished lawyer has over 15 years of legal experience and has handled thousands of immigration cases. We can work to understand your immigration goals and identify the solutions and benefits that are available to you. Our team knows firsthand what is at stake and is committed to securing a favorable outcome in your case.

Schedule a consultation with our team to learn more about how our services can benefit you. Call 7035495445 or contact us online today!

Schedule a Consultation

Schedule a Consultation

Family Immigration

United States citizens and lawful permanent residents can sponsor family members for green cards. Your loved ones will fall into one of two preference categories.

We can help you petition on behalf of your

  • Spouse
  • Parent
  • Child
  • Sibling

Immediate relatives are reserved exclusively for the spouses, parents, and unmarried children of U.S. citizens. They receive priority processing and are not subject to visa caps.

The family preference category includes siblings, adult children, and married children of U.S. citizens as well as spouses and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents. Family preference relatives are subject to visa caps and will likely face substantial waits.

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents that sponsor their spouses will face unique obstacles during the petitioning process. Petitioners must convince United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that their marriage is authentic through the providing of substantial evidence and documentation. If the marriage is less than 2 years at the time a visa is issued, the beneficiary will only receive a conditional green card that is valid for 2 years. Conditional residents will need to “remove conditions” before their current visa expires, after which they will receive a non-conditional green card with a 10-year validity period.

Our team can assess which of your loved ones are currently eligible for green cards and advise what wait times you should anticipate. We can help prepare your petitioning materials and assist your family throughout the application process.

Immigration Court

It can be easy to feel helpless when you or a loved one is arrested or summoned to appear in immigration court. If you are targeted for removal or are involved in any type of immigration problem, you will need experienced and skilled legal representation.

Our immigration attorney at Law Group International can help you:

  • Locate a missing loved one. If you believe your loved one has been detained or arrested, we can work to determine their location and establish contact.
  • Negotiate a bond. Many family members can be released from detainment prior to a court date.
  • Represent you or your loved one in court. We have a complete knowledge of immigration law and can help you seek deportation relief.
  • Bring appeals. If you receive an unfavorable decision in court, we will explore every possible legal remedy, including appeals.

Employment Immigration

United States employers can sponsor employees for green cards that enable them to live and work in the country on a permanent basis. Other work visas allow nonresidents to pursue green cards while they work in the country on a temporary basis.

We can assist you with obtaining many types of U.S. worker visas, including:

EB-1 Visas

Individuals with extraordinary abilities, outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational executives and managers can receive priority access to green cards under the preference category system. Those with extraordinary abilities do not necessarily have to secure a permanent offer of employment in the United States, though everyone applying for this visa will need to supply extensive documentation to demonstrate their eligibility.

EB-2 Visas

Those with advanced degrees – a master’s, doctorate, or foreign equivalent – also receive high priority for green cards under this category. Individuals with exceptional abilities, a bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of relevant work experience, or a National Interest Waiver can also qualify. Those without a National Interest Waiver will need a permanent offer of employment that requires their degree’s expertise or exceptional abilities in order to be eligible.

EB-3 Visas

This green card preference category encapsulates professionals (those with a bachelor’s degree or a foreign equivalent), skilled workers, and unskilled workers. Skilled workers refer to anyone filling a job that requires at least 2 years of relevant training or work experience. Unskilled workers are defined as those working jobs that require less than 2 years of work experience or training if the position is not temporary or seasonal.

EB-4 Visas

Immigrant investors can qualify for green cards if they invest a minimum of $1,000,000 in a job-creating enterprise or a qualifying regional center. Some investors may need to invest only $500,000 if they target an economically distressed community.

H-1B Visas

This visa is intended for specialty occupations that cannot be readily filled by qualified U.S. workers. It is often used in the engineering, architecture, and software engineering industries. H-1B visas can last for up to 6 years. Though it is considered a nonimmigrant visa, beneficiaries can apply for green cards while in the United States.

L-1 Visas

Managers, executives, and employees with specialized knowledge can qualify for this dual intent visa. Multinational companies with a U.S. affiliate can send qualifying workers to run operations in the United States. L-1 visa beneficiaries can apply for green cards while in the country.

E-2 Visas

Treaty investors can live in the country indefinitely if they invest at least $100,000 in a qualifying U.S.-based commercial enterprise. Though these visas do not confer lawful permanent residency, they are valid for 2-year increments and can be renewed an unlimited number of times.

Other Immigration Service Areas

We have substantial experience handling all types of cases involving immigration law. No matter your situation, we have the knowledge and resources that can help you obtain a favorable result in your case.

Our immigration legal services in Washington D.C. can assist you with matters involving:


Lawful permanent residents can apply to become permanent U.S. citizens after undergoing a mandatory waiting period. The application process includes passing a citizenship exam and taking the Oath of Allegiance. We can assist with the application process and help you prepare you for your English language and civics tests.


We can help you seek asylum status if you are fleeing your home country due to your fear of persecution on the basis of your race, religion, political beliefs, or membership to a particular social group. Our team will assist in the filing of your request and represent you in court. We can also help you prepare for your interview and be present when the interview is conducted.

Labor Certifications.

When sponsoring foreign prospective employees for green cards, U.S. employers must obtain formal labor certifications that qualified domestic workers are not available. We can work with sponsoring employers to efficiently navigate the Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) system.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Visas (SIJS).

Undocumented children that have been abused, neglected, or abandoned by their parents may qualify for a visa that allows them to remain in the United States. We can assist in the application process of these cases.

U Visas

Victims of certain types of crimes can procure immigration benefits if they cooperate with law enforcement during an investigation. In some situations, U visa beneficiaries can secure green cards. We can assess whether you may qualify for a U visa and guide you through the application process.

The Violence Against Women’s Act (VAWA).

Victims of abuse can self-petition for green cards, allowing them to secure lawful permanent residency without the cooperation of their abusive spouse, parent, or adult child. Our team can help determine if you are eligible for a green card under VAWA and guide you through the process.

To learn more about how our immigration legal services in Washington, D.C. can benefit you, call 7035495445 or contact us online today. We offer our legal services in English, Farsi, and Spanish.

20 Years of Experience

We have over 20 years of experience handling immigration cases in the United States. We have the knowledge and experience needed to successfully process your case.

Accommodating Communication

We can communicate with our clients in a variety of languages including English, Spanish, Farsi and more. It is important that we understand each other and that nothing gets lost in translation.

Focused Immigration Practice

We practice all areas of immigration law and are only dedicated to serving those in need of immigration help.

Payment Plans Available

We want everyone to have an equal opportunity to pursue their immigration case. Our flexible payment plans will allow you to get started on your case without the responsibility of paying in full at once.